Odessa Neighborhood ShadeMakers
Tree Giveaway Program
A collaborative partnership among Keep Odessa Beautiful, the City of Odessa Parks & Recreation, Apache Corporation and the Texas A&M Forest Service is to promote, develop & nurture "urban forestry" in our communities.
The Odessa Neighborhood ShadeMakers Tree Giveaway Program focuses on giving trees for residential neighborhoods. 5-gallon trees will be made available FREE to residents. The homeowners agree to pick up, plant, and care for their FREE tree. The objective is to instill pride & ownership, care for the environment, and beautify our neighborhoods.
Participants must register in advance in order to receive a free 5-gallon size tree, with a limit of one tree per residence. Only City of Odessa residents and utility customers are eligible to receive a tree through this program.
Trees are available to be picked up on Saturday, June 15 at McKinney. The following are the trees we have available on a first-come first-served basis.
Planting new trees enhances Odessa and helps our city thrive! Trees are vital for sustainable community growth, economic vitality, and public health. Trees:
· Beautify neighborhoods and public spaces;
· Increase property value;
· Lower energy consumption of homes and businesses;
· Boost consumer spending; and
· Encourage outdoor physical activity.
Help your tree get a healthy start!
Read through these resources BEFORE you plant:
· Select the right location to plant your tree
· “Call before you dig” – Dial 811 to have underground utility lines marked for free!
· Plant your tree properly (yes, there are MANY wrong ways to plant a tree!)
· Keep your tree growing and thriving with good pruning practices
· Get the kids in your life involved in planting and caring for your tree!
For more information on how to properly plant trees, and the importance of trees in our community, visit-